Saturday, May 24, 2014

I'm Back!

After a long time of not playing the classic FF series and blogging about it, I decided to get back to it today. However, I am working on a different format.

I will still be blogging about my adventures. However, I will be focusing more on reflections/anecdotes/observations about the game more than being the "tour guide" Let's Player that I have been in the past. After all, if you want to see everything that happens, you can see all of it through the many YouTube LP's that exist.

So What Went Wrong?

There are several reasons why I stopped. Of course, most of them are excuses:


  • I actually managed to reach areas further into the game. However, I used different ways to record them (my emulator at the time did not want to cooperate with video recording, so I experimented with Twitch and also streaming. The idea was to stream/record my video game footage and then write/snap pictures about it. However, the more I tried this, the less willing I became to write about it. What started out as something fun was becoming incredibly tedious to me. It didn't gel with what I had been working up towards.
  • Work did become busier. Of course, that's truly an excuse because I still had plenty of free time when not spending it with other people. I filled that time playing a multitude of other games.
  • I felt like I was being just like every other LP'er out there. My intended purpose of the blog was to write about my experiences playing the game, which then turned into making sarcastic (although I did have fun with it!) comments whenever possible. I don't want to be yet another drop in that bucket. I will go elsewhere for that.
  • Many of my friends stopped participating in LP's and streaming. This was perhaps the biggest reason why I halted my journey. That's probably the lamest reason why I stopped. After all, my girlfriend reminded me that I do enjoy projects like this.
So now I am back, and although the format is a bit different (For example, I will not be keeping track of every item I pick up--we can read a guide for that.), I am back doing what I love: talking about the games I enjoy.

SO LET'S GET BACK TO IT! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment